[Exim] Spamassassin

Author: Paul Walsh
To: Mail Managers (E-mail)
CC: Exim Users (E-mail)
Subject: [Exim] Spamassassin
First of all, apologies for the cross-posting which will no doubt result in
some folk receiving this twice.

Having spent the last couple of months "tinkering" with using Spamassassin
to tag unsolicited mail I've shown senior management what's possible. As a
result I've been asked to get a feeling for how widely SA and other
anti-spam software is used within the Academic community. Could I therefore
ask you to spare a couple of moments to answer the following questions. I
shall send a summary of responses to the list for future reference:

1.    Which MTA software do you use (exim, sendmail etc)?

2.    Have you, or are you in the process of, implemented any anti-spam
measures?

2a    What software do you use?

2b    What policy do you implement (i.e. bounce spam or just flag it for
recipient to deal with)?

For information we're running the following:
Exim 3.35
SpamAssassin 2.1
Perl 5.6.1
all on Sun Solaris 2.6 and 7

Thanks for your time

Regards,
Paul Walsh

Senior Systems Administrator, IT Services,
University of Central England, BIRMINGHAM B42 2SU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)121 331 5708    Fax: +44 (0)121 356 2875