[Exim] RE: Spamassassin

Author: Quentin Campbell
To: Paul Walsh, Mail Managers (E-mail)
CC: Exim Users (E-mail)
Subject: [Exim] RE: Spamassassin

** sendmail

> 2.    Have you, or are you in the process of, implemented any
> anti-spam
> measures?

** Yes

> 2a    What software do you use?

** MailScanner with SpamAssassin.

> 2b    What policy do you implement (i.e. bounce spam or just
> flag it for
> recipient to deal with)?

** Flag it for the recipient to deal wiyh.

> For information we're running the following:
> Exim 3.35
> SpamAssassin 2.1
> Perl 5.6.1
> all on Sun Solaris 2.6 and 7

Members of the uk-mail-managers list who run Sendmail or Exim on their
Mail Relays are urged to look at

http://www.mailscanner.info

which describes MailScanner, written by Julian Field of Southampton
University with JISC funding.

It can invoke SpamAssassin and a whole host of commercial Anti-Virus
packages for scanning e-mail.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
"Any opinion expressed above is mine. The University can get its own."