Re: [Exim] DNS blacklist lookup timeout causes temp reject

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
To: Craig R. Hodges
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] DNS blacklist lookup timeout causes temp reject
[ On Friday, March 22, 2002 at 17:15:55 (-0600), Craig R. Hodges wrote: ]
> Subject: [Exim] DNS blacklist lookup timeout causes temp reject
>
> I've setup exim to use a few rbls but if the connection to the rbl
> timesout, exim temporarily rejects the msg. How can I configure exim
> 4.01 to accept the message instead of temp. rejecting?

Why oh why would you ever want to do that?

If you've asked the mailer to check a blacklist, but the blacklist is
temporarily unavailable, you don't want to allow any messages through
until the blacklist becomes available again!

I.e. if you don't want temporary rejects to happen when a DNS BL is
temporarily unavailable then don't configure that DNS BL (or any other
less than 100% reliable DNS BL)!

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098; <gwoods@???>; <g.a.woods@???>; <woods@???>