RE: [Exim] not receiving mail and reverse dns

Author: Terry Shows
To: dman
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] not receiving mail and reverse dns
Dman,

Could it be because your DNS entry either isn't right, or hasn't had time to
populate all of the other hosts out there yet?

Here is what I get when I do a NSLOOKUP for you:
---------------------------
dman.ddts.net preference = 1, mail exchanger = dman.ddts.net
dman.ddts.net preference = 10, mail exchanger = dman2.ddts.net

ddts.net        nameserver = NS0.ddts.net
ddts.net        nameserver = NS1.ddts.net
dman.ddts.net   internet address = 65.107.69.216
dman2.ddts.net  internet address = 169.254.0.0
NS0.ddts.net    internet address = 216.94.204.125
NS1.ddts.net    internet address = 216.94.204.126
I tried to open an SMTP connection to this address, and didn't get an
answer.

(of course, if you can't receive email, then you won't get this answer will
you?)

Terry Shows