Re: [Exim] Re[2]: Demise of ORBZ

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Kevin Sindhu
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re[2]: Demise of ORBZ
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Kevin Sindhu wrote:
> http://www.sdsc.edu/~jeff/spam/Blacklists_Compared.html

This says:

A newer type of DNS blacklist lists domains by name. In this
case, a listing of the domain example.com could be found in the
hypothetical list by looking for a DNS "A" record for
example.com.blacklist.example.org. ...

... Reverse DNS lookups are done on each of the IP addresses to
get a list of domain names, and lookups of those domain names are
done in each of the domain name blacklists. ...

Then the latest report shows all these blacklists. So I tweaked my
check_rbl script that tries a bunch so it can do it my hostname (and not
just by reversed IP). But I can't find any matches like
btamail.net.cn.blacklist.spambag.org doesn't resolve.

Does anyone have any examples of any RBL lists that work by using domain
instead of IP?

Thanks,

Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w