Re: [Exim] Feature request

Author: Rob Lingelbach
To: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users, Michael Scroggins, Amy Alexander
Subject: Re: [Exim] Feature request
On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 12:32:12PM -0500, Jeffrey Wheat wrote:

>> Now for my feature request. I am hoping that perhaps you could consider
>> an option "allow_underscore_hosts".

(and Philip answers that helo_allow_chars is in 4.02, with a
sigh in the changelog)

I ran into underscores in hostnames when I had to set up Windows
2000 DNS (such as it is). Underscores all over the place in
the domain controller's automatically-generated config file.
Apparently Microsoft has written or submitted an RFC that specifies
underscores are allowed. I had to relax the rules in named.conf
for checking hostnames: 'check-names master warn'. I'm curious
about this and am wondering if anyone else knows if indeed
Microsoft was able to change the rules.

--
Rob Lingelbach                          http://www.alegria.com
Sysadm, Computer Animation Lab            rob@???