Re: [Exim] Feature request

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Rob Lingelbach
CC: Jeffrey Wheat, exim-users, Michael Scroggins, Amy Alexander
Subject: Re: [Exim] Feature request
On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> I'm curious
> about this and am wondering if anyone else knows if indeed
> Microsoft was able to change the rules.

I've not heard of any rule changes. But there is a precedent. I believe
it was 3Com that got the rules changed so that host name components were
allowed to start with digits. A damn-fool change indeed. Now an IP
address is a syntactically valid host name, which is just confusing.