Re: [Exim] 8bitmime?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] 8bitmime?
--
tir, 2002-03-19 kl. 13:06 skrev D.M.Chapman:

> It seems from the docs that setting accept_8bitmime will allow this remote
> system to happily deliver the email to our user but is this likely to
> cause us problems in the future by delivering 8bit stuff onwards to a non
> 8 bit MTA? Are these still outthere? Should I care?

> I'm tempted to say sod it and just turn it on to get rid of the problem
> but will I regret this? :-)

> What do others do?

Turn it on!

Been using it (with Exim) since I started with v1.97; without it I
couldn't read anything from my Norwegian and Danish Friends. Even Dutch
needs it, occasionally.

Best,

Tonni

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG/PGP Fingerprint: 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981