Re: [Exim] 8bitmime?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] 8bitmime?
On 2002-03-19 at 18:16 +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> Turn it on!
>
> Been using it (with Exim) since I started with v1.97; without it I
> couldn't read anything from my Norwegian and Danish Friends. Even Dutch
> needs it, occasionally.

Uhm, ITYM it needs Latin-1, ISO 8859-1. Or perhaps -15, if you prefer
having a Euro symbol to an International Currency symbol.

This doesn't mean that you need to send the mails 8bit. It does mean
that you should look up what Content-Transfer-Encoding is before you
make statements about what is needed.

Think "quoted-printable".

Your own ISP does not use an 8-bit-clean mailsystem for mails going to
your account.
--
RFC 3093: We wish to thank the many Firewall vendors who have supported our
work to re-enable the innovation that made the Internet great, without giving