Re: [Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Two issues relating to spam
On 2002-03-14 at 14:11 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> I've used
>
> ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8 : 0.0.0.0

A thought just occured to me. I have them occasionally. Rarely,
they're even good ones.

Perhaps it's worth a comment above the line to note that this is
0.0.0.0/32, commonly treated as localhost inside the network stack,
rather than 0.0.0.0/0, the default route. Otherwise, I ForeSee many
posts to exim-users, including far too many arrogant claims of a bug in
the config and that we/Philip are wrong.

Much as it might be satisfying to put such people in their place, in the
interests of sanity and a smaller mailbox I hereby humbly request that
this configuration default, handling some obscure behaviour, be
documented right there in the config.

(Happy St Patrick's, all)
--
Think happy thoughts