[Exim] smtp_accept_max -- too many connections

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marilyn Davis
Para: exim-users
CC: eVote-workers, evan
Asunto: [Exim] smtp_accept_max -- too many connections
Hello,

Mail in and out was hung this morning and the log was full of these:

2002-03-17 06:23:04 Connection from 203.207.226.79 refused: too many
connections

There was nothing but these in the log from 6:23:04 to 10:13:23. A
total of 83 of them.

I SIGHUP'ed the daemon and it didn't help.

I read in the wonderfully searchable archives that I can use
smtp_accept_max to raise the limit. But I'm thinking that something
else is wrong because we had a pile of hung exims, like this:

exim     25092     1  0 02:10 ?        00:00:00 [exim]

29 of them.

We rebooted the machine and all is well, so far.

We just took on a new vote-by-mail responsibility so there could be a
new attack on us. There's not much traffic with us or with this
responsibility, but it is a very important demonstration of the
feasibility of voting by mail. So it is odd that it happens now.

Any ideas?

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D      marilyn@???    -1 650 965-7121
Author of eVote(R)/Clerk                 http://www.deliberate.com