[Exim] Envelope-To, aliasfile and multidrop, Exim 3.13

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Paul Crowley
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Envelope-To, aliasfile and multidrop, Exim 3.13
Exim version 3.13 #1 built 04-Feb-2000 15:04:48
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 1999

I pick up mail for my home machine from a POP3 multidrop mailbox on an
Exim-based mail hub. The mail hub writes the "Envelope-To" to the
messages with envelope_to_add, and then my "fetchmail" process uses
that as the "envelope-to" when delivering via SMTP.

The problem is that some addresses end up in the multidrop mailbox as
a result of an aliasfile entry, and in this instance it is the *old*
Envelope-To that gets written, not the new. So if there's an alias
file on the hub that reads

smof@???: mxtest@???

then mail addressed to "smof@???" ends up in my
multidrop mailbox as it should, but the "Envelope-to" still reads
"smof@???", so when it arrives on my local
machine, it doesn't know what to do with it because it doesn't have
the address on the right hand side of the alias file entry.

Anyone know a good solution?

thanks!
--
__ Paul Crowley