[Exim] sender verification & manualroute

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kirill Miazine
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] sender verification & manualroute
Hi,

I noticed that number of messages in the queue with non-existing sender
addresses has increased.

I have had

    require verify = sender

in acl_check_rcpt all the time.

Here's the story:

I'm acting as secondary MX for a friend. Mail to his server would have
been sent using usual dnslookup router:

dnslookup:
    driver = dnslookup
    ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8
    transport = remote_smtp

So at some day he messed up his MX settings and created two MX 0 records
for his domain: one pointing to my machine and one to his server. While
he was fixin that, I created followinf router to reroute all his
messages to the right place:

reroute:
    driver = manualroute
    domains = example.com
    route_list = * mx.example.com
    transport = remote_smtp

This setup worked very well, but I noticed that sender verification
stopped working. Now his MXes are OK, so I removed the last router and
sender verification is working again.

Exim version is:

Exim version 3.953 #6 built 22-Feb-2002 20:10:43
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2002

--
Kirill