Re: [Exim] Envelope-To, aliasfile and multidrop, Exim 3.13

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Paul Crowley
To: Phil Pennock
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Envelope-To, aliasfile and multidrop, Exim 3.13
Phil Pennock <Phil.Pennock@???> writes:

> On 2002-03-16 at 12:04 +0000, Paul Crowley wrote:
> > The problem is that some addresses end up in the multidrop mailbox as
> > a result of an aliasfile entry, and in this instance it is the *old*
> > Envelope-To that gets written, not the new. So if there's an alias
> > file on the hub that reads
> >
> > smof@???: mxtest@???
>
> > Anyone know a good solution?
>
> Duplicate the same alias entries on your dialup box. This is probably
> only "good" if you are already used to syncing files. :^)

This could be done but is a lot of pain.

> Rewriting rule on the hub, with 'T' to rewrite envelope to, using the
> same alias file. Don't do that with 'S' -- the Exim way is not to use
> rewrites for routing. Ensure no_rewrite isn't set on the relevant
> directors. Maybe. I've not tried this.

Sounds messy...

> Since you asked: a _good_ solution is to not use POP3 and delivery to
> multiple users afterwards. Either deliver all mails retrieved to just
> one local user, or use SMTP. :^) If you do have control of the hub, is
> there a reason why this isn't viable?

What's the best way to do this? Bearing in mind that my home box has
a dynamic IP address...

I thought there would be an Exim macro representing the "current
address" that I could use to write an accurate header to the file that
could be used to make the multidrop work properly, but I can't find
one. Am I right in thinking there isn't one?
--
__ Paul Crowley
\/ o\ sig@???