Re: [Exim] local_scan syntax

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jim Pazarena
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_scan syntax
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Jim Pazarena wrote:

> I don't see any config samples for the local_scan() function.

That's because it is so new that nobody has contributed anything yet. :-)

> Philip would you consider adding a couple of short examples to the Spec?

Well, I don't think the spec is the right place to include reams of C
code which many readers won't be interested in. But I'll happily put
them in config samples if anyone will contribute.

I assume you've looked at src/local_scan.c, which contains an
essentially null example.

> Could someone provide *me* a short example of just how to cycle thru
> the header lines?

header_line *h;

for (h = header_list; h != NULL; h = h->next)
  {
  if (h->type == '*') continue;            /* Ignore if replaced/deleted */

/* The text of the header is in h->text */

}