Re: [Exim] Building EXIM on Darwin (Mac OSX)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Joel Rennich
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Building EXIM on Darwin (Mac OSX)
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Joel Rennich wrote:

> An apology and clarification. I meant to say Exim not Postfix in my

<grin>

> While 3.34 will
> build without help. Exim 4 needs this line in the build file to compile
> successfully on Darwin 5.3 (OSX 10.1.3).

Well, I know zilch about Darwin. The configuration file in the Exim
distribution was contributed by somebody. So I can't even begin to guess
what there is in Exim 4 that is different to Exim 3, causing it to
require this line.

1. What error do you get if you omit this line?

2. Should I add this line to the default Darwin configuration file for
Exim 4?

> > You need to add "-flat_namespace" to the CFLAGS in the Darwin OS
> > buildfile. After that it builds like a dream on OSX 10.1.3.

Philip