[Exim] Open Relay ?

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] Open Relay ?
Hello,

I have a problem that I haven't quite encountered before and which is a bit
confusing. Somehow juno.com found a loop in my SMTP server and exploited it.
I had to explicitly block *.juno.com but not before my server's IP was in
orbz/ordb. Now I can see hundreds of attempts from juno with different
"from" addresses but they are all failing. I am suspecting pop-b4-smtp that
I have been doing using tpop3d, which is temporarily disabled.

Can anyone here (with a minute to spare) try to test whether I am still 'the
darling of the spammers' ? ;-)

Second question is about running TWO instances of Exim. I know about -oX port_number.
What I want to do, just because I have virtual users, is to run an instance of Exim
dedicated to them (yes, they are growing by the day), which will then do ASMTP via
the mysql db where these users details are. I can tell them to set their clients to
the port I decide to use but the complication that I am facing is that I want to run
both instances on one mail server. Can someone who's got experience with this advice
on the major considerations that I have to make - different spool specification, etc.
Can I make this second instance to use the first instance as smart_host?

Much thanks and have a blessed weekend.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@???>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

++
Conversation, n.:
    A vocal competition in which the one who is catching his breath
is called the listener.