Re: [Exim] Exim's sendmail (in)compatibility: Commandline op…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Tobias Burnus
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim's sendmail (in)compatibility: Commandline options
> Well I understand this perfectly and I only came across this problem
> when installing Bugzilla (http://www.bugzilla.org). They changed
> recently -t to -ti and broke my installation (meanwhile fixed to -t -i)
> [Postfix and Sendmail support -ti].

I have to be a pragmatic realist in this regard. If there's a
particually common usage that is gaining ground every where, such as the
specific case of -ti, then I will usually eventually add it into Exim.
I've noted that one - it *is* a particularly common case. But I don't
want to implement the general "you can conflate all options" approach.

> Bugzilla also has another problem --
> meanwhile documented but not fixed (which I also experienced, but I
> didn't want to use deferred anyway):
>   - Email notifications will not work out of the box if you are
>     using Postfix, Exim or possibly other non-SendMail mail
>     transfer agents, as Bugzilla sends mail by default in
>     "deferred" mode using the "-ODeliveryMode=deferred" command
>     line option, which needs to be supported by the sendmail
>     program.  To fix this, you can turn on the "sendmailnow"
>     parameter on the Edit Parameters page (editparams.cgi).
>     (bug 50159)

> Thanks for your program and hopefully also Bugzilla's bug 50159 will be
> fixed soon.

Sigh. Why didn't they use the old-fashioned -odb setting?