Re: [Exim] Digest format.

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: John Culleton
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Digest format.
On 2002-01-30 at 19:51 -0500, John Culleton wrote:
> I get several mailing lists from various places in digest format.
> Most just list the contents of the messages in sequence without any
> attachments.

You can change your digest options to do this.

Option 1, with a web-browser:

Go to the URL included below posts:
and near the bottom, in the box for "Change your subscription" enter
your subscribed address, as indicated.

Then for "Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?" set "Plain Text", put your
password in the box beneath that, and click on "Submit My Changes".

Mailman unfortunately allows anyone to see the current options for any
other subscriber, if they know the subscribed address. :^(

Option 2, via email:

Send email to <exim-users-request@???>, put "help" in the subject
or body, and read the instructions.

If you've lost your password, you can get it mailed to your subscribed
address.

> Can someone enlighten me about this strange format?

Without seeing a digest mail (as I don't read exim-users in digest) I
can't tell, but it sounds as though some messages are disposed 'inline'
and others as 'attachments'. I don't know why, though. As a very
rough guess (which absolutely should not be trusted without checking) it
might be something like "if there's a strange character, eg an accented
letter, then it becomes transfer-encoded and the disposition set to
attachment, otherwise it's inline".
--
"Basically, you need to overhype something useless so people will still buy it.
(By the look of your resume, that should be no problem.)"