RE: [Exim] line with a single dot

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
To: Jean-Robert WIAME
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Betreff: RE: [Exim] line with a single dot
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Jean-Robert WIAME wrote:

> I can't do that, the email came from 'outside'

then the sender is broken.

> It's in the standard, ok, but, in the RFC of the Mime type, the boundary
> string is used to determine the body of the email. And there, exim don't
> look for it but cut the email before the end (which is maked by the boundary
> string + '--' at the end of it)

of course not. exim doesn't have much to do with the message body, be
it multipart or not. the boundary shouldn't begin with a period
anyway, i don't think it can even contain one.

> Thus for me, it's not compliant with the Mime Rfc, is it? Is it true?

the sending party, true. for exim, no. it doesn't have too much to do
with mime anyway.

--
[-]