[Exim] Re: exim 3 vs. 4

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: exim 3 vs. 4
+++ Richard Welty [exim-users] <13/01/02 23:15 -0500>:
> over the next week, i'm going to be building a couple of OpenBSD based
> mail servers for a client. i'm currently pondering the question of
> whether to go with exim 3.34 or the alpha exim 4.

3.34 is stable - though practically end of life. Recommended for production
use I think. Exim 4 would mean that you _might_ have to rush to rebuild exim
every time a serious enough bug came up.

> i've got the alpha running on my laptop; in a very simple configuration,
> it's been quite reliable. how has it been going for others running more
> complex configs?

Any advantages other than configuration-wise? Performance seems to be a bit
better on my desktop here (which I use to run a system of autoresponders and
a small mailing list is all, other than a few tons of list mail from various
lists I read). Never seen it in production though.

-    -srs