Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Enrico Zini
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 02:07:39PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > Is it possible to make some messages to be inserted at the top of the
> > queue, or be delivered as soon as they arrive?
>
> The easiest way to do this, I found, was simply to use two distinct
> queues.
>
> The "mass mailer" software is configured to use 'exim -C
> /path/to/configure.massmail' while everything else just uses 'exim'.
>
> The configure.massmail configuration specifies a different spool
> directory; /var/spool/exim-massmail in our case. The regular configure
> file usese /var/spool/exim as normal.

I like this solution and I'm trying it out. The only problem is that
exim drops all privileges when given the -C option, but I'm feeding mail
to the queue using "/usr/sbin/sendmail -f <sender> <addrs...>" from a
php script running as www-data.

I do not want to recompile a custom copy of exim and I do not want to
write a setuid exim wrapper; should I just make the new spool dir
writable by www-data or is there another way to do it?

Bye, Enrico