[Exim] "message filter" address

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Chambers
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] "message filter" address
I am completely mystified by something which has just started. I have various
conditions in my system filter along the lines of:

if $message_body matches "<pattern matching a virus>"
then
deliver vircheck
seen finish
endif

These have been diverting virus-containing messages so that I can check for
false-positives quite successfully for some time. Last week I added a new one for
the Badtrans virus and it is producing quite different results! Instead of the
messages being delivered to the "vircheck" inbox the messages are being frozen. The
message logs say:

    2001-12-10 01:17:35 vircheck@??? <vircheck@???> D=localuser
    defer (-10): <message filter@???> is a bad new address: missing
    or malformed local part (expected word or "<")
    *** Frozen

I just can't understand why I get different behaviour from similar sections of my
filter. Can anyone suggest what is happening?

There was recent reference to the "message filter" local part on the list but I
could not find it in the archive! So, sorry if the answer to this was covered there.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter