Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Enrico Zini
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Sending messages with different priorities

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:58:20 +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

> Inside this huge mail queue, we have the problem that we sometimes need
> to send single personal messages, and they should be delivered ASAP.
> Now they are getting added to the queue, but if a big mailing run is
> going on, they might wait for some time to be delivered.
>
> Is it possible to make some messages to be inserted at the top of the
> queue, or be delivered as soon as they arrive?

The easiest way to do this, I found, was simply to use two distinct
queues.

The "mass mailer" software is configured to use 'exim -C
/path/to/configure.massmail' while everything else just uses 'exim'.

The configure.massmail configuration specifies a different spool
directory; /var/spool/exim-massmail in our case. The regular configure
file usese /var/spool/exim as normal.

Of course, you have to make sure you arrange for queue runners using
both configuration files. :-)

This way, regardless of what you're doing to your massmail spool,
important messages for root and other mail that isn't really appropriate
for handling by the mass mailer never even sees the enormous queue.

Ciao,
Sheldon.