Re: [Exim] High Load

Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Joseph Kezar
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] High Load
You should really start RTFM you know. A lot of the question you ask
have answers there.

Quoth Joseph Kezar on Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 08:27:47AM -0500
> It happened again at 9:00pm. Exim was the top 6 processes. The load
> was at 17.

What was the load due to? CPU? Disk IO? Memory swaping? ... Just telling
us `my machine is slow' does not help.

> Is there some way I can invoke -d9 after the daemon is already started?

No.

> Is there a way I can put the output to a file rather that my screen?

Yes. RTFM for your shell. Remember that the deamon just spawns some
processes and that those maybe the ones that take resources.

> Once one thread goes to the top of my
> process list, a short while after another, then another. Yet if
> none get caught there in the
> first place Exim seems to run fine fr quite a long time.

What does exiwhat tells you?

What is the state of the queue? Any message of usual large size?

Try delivering a few of those manually (with some debugging) and see if
something odd happens. Run a quewu runner with debugging once your
system is loaded.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                         www.kierun.org
    PGP:   www.kierun.org/pgp/key-kierun