Re: [Exim] High Load

Autor: Joseph Kezar
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] High Load
It happened again at 9:00pm. Exim was the top 6 processes. The load was at 17. At this point Exim stopped exepting connections. The contents of ended with: handling mail from mx1.doc.state.vt.us. And it just hung there. At this point I stopped exim. Added: smtp_max_connections = 600(is this
peasable?). After I started it a couple of seconds later it got the same problem. So after stopping it and starting it many times I eventually recovered it(which is good, I didn't want to drive an hour to work). Is there some way I can invoke -d9 after the daemon is already started?
Is there a way I can put the output to a file rather that my screen? I tried exim -bd -q1h > /var/log/exim_debug
That didn't seem to work. Is the text stderr? Maybe exim -bd -q1h &2 > /var/log/exim_debug or something....I have no idea. This problem is like a snowball effect. Once one thread goes to the top of my process list, a short while after another, then another. Yet if none get caught there in the
first place Exim seems to run fine fr quite a long time.

--
Joseph Kezar