Re: [Exim] Virus Scanning with mailhubs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Virus Scanning with mailhubs
On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:32:09PM +0000,
Mike Richardson <doctor@???> is thought to have said:

> Oh, also does anyone have any comparative comments about Sophos and McAfee
> virus scanners for doing this sort of work?

Well I think McAfee has EOL'd their command line UNIX scanner (at least under
Solaris). Or anyway it's virtually impossible to talk to someone there who
knows there is such a product. They'll want to sell you their all-in-one
appliance instead.

Sophos on the other hand not only knew what I was asking for but also knew
what Amavis was and understand the concept of plugging into UNIX-based
mailers.

They will both try and charge you by the number of users, though, which may
get pricy. So far I've had good luck dealing with the folks at Sophos.

Tabor
Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality