Re: [Exim] Virus Scanning with mailhubs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dan Egli
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Virus Scanning with mailhubs
Forgive is this seems presumptous, but why not just install a program like
Amavis? I use Amavis on three different machines and it works great! All I
gotta do is add the director, router, and transport configs to the exim file
(clearly spelled out in the README.exim file that comes with the Amavis
distribution) and ANY message that touches my server is scanned before begin
passed on to ANYONE. Works for Remote_addr => local_addr, local=>local,
local=>remote, and even remote=>remote. IF a virus is found the message is
removed, quarenteened, and a message is sent to myself (administrator) as
well as the sender and, optionally, the recipiant of the message stating
that a virus was found. The message is customizable, and as long as I keep
my Mcafee virus defs updated, I'm ALMOST virusproof. I know, it's impossible
to be 100% virusproof, but I'm as close as can be and still operate
computers on the 'net. Or at least I think I am :>