Re: [Exim] Preventing exim from querying dns for localhost

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Steffen Evers
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Preventing exim from querying dns for localhost
On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Steffen Evers wrote:

> That is another thing I had trouble with in Debian unstable/sid: exim
> puts in the envelope-from-field the local address of the sender instead
> of using the From: message header.

Exim is designed for use on shared systems. If you want different
behaviour, look at the "trusted_users" and "untrusted_set_sender"
options.

> However, in woody/testing
> everything works fine. What is strange as they seem to be the same
> packages. Maybe a problem with a called application?

I'm afraid I wouldn't know. I am not a Linux expert, let alone a Debian
one. Note: I don't do the Debian port; I just develop the generic Exim
that runs on lots of different operating systems. As it happens, I
develop on Solaris.

> So, back to my RFC: issue of libc6 resolver?

Sorry, I just don't know enough about Linux (or much about resolvers).