[Exim] Mailman, Exim, and black holes.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sasha B.
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Mailman, Exim, and black holes.
Hi All,

I am a newbie to Exim, so I apologise profusely if this is superfluous.
I looked through the archives, but couldn't find anything relevant to
my problem.

I am running the latest version of Exim and mailman on a Linux
machine, and I cannot get the two of them to work. I have been
trying for quite some time now, to no avail. I kludged Majordomo
into functionality, but I do not want to use Majordomo.

The problem is basically that whenever I send messages to the list,
they simply end up in a black hole. The Exim mainlog indicates only
that a normal transaction has occured, and mailman logs don't contain
anything at all. This is with the default configuration of Exim,
with no special directives for mailman as per README.EXIM:

2001-11-11 14:50:37 1630cn-0007dP-00 <= sasha@??? U=sasha
P=local-esmtp S=829 id=Pine.LNX.4.10.10111111450320.29308-100000@???
2001-11-11 14:50:38 1630cn-0007dP-00 => |/u/lists/mail/wrapper post
my-list <my-list@???> D=system_aliases
T=address_pipe
2001-11-11 14:50:38 1630cn-0007dP-00 Completed

README.EXIM isn't very intuitive. I tried copying the directors
listed into my Exim configuration file, but that doesn't seem to
change anything. Furthermore, I do not understand how to get Exim
do actually *use* these directors - just defining them doesn't seem
to do it. But I have little experience with Exim to the degree
where I can actually hack around those.

Any help would be appreciated.

                        Sasha

Sasha B.                                        sasha@???
Obligatory URL:                    http://www.acp.da.ru/sasha/
--
"It's a blatant forgery."
    - My friend Simon, concerning one of my more awkward e-mails.