Re: [Exim] Re: RBL stuff

Top Pagina
Auteur: Richard Welty
Aan: Bill Duncan
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Re: RBL stuff
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 02:31:19 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>[Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC said:]

>> --On Friday, November 09, 2001 7:36 AM +0530 Suresh Ramasubramanian
>> <mallet@???> wrote:
>> > You have to pay MAPS for the privilege of using the RBL lists, now.
>> > See http://www.mail-abuse.org/rbl/ for more information.

>> I'd be interested in knowing if you email them and get a response back. I
>> have emailed them a few times since July to make a deal and they have never
>> had the courtesy to reply to the email... Not even a reply to say "no deal"

they're pretty much buried from what i hear.

>I've been using the following with great success...

... references to orbz lists omitted...

i consider the children of orbs to be a bit too agressive for my
tastes. i experimented with spews, but found it to be too agressive in
its full out form (see www.spews.org for more information.)
fortunately, the whole spews/osirusoft collection can be taken in
smaller chunks; i'm trying out

spamhaus.relays.osirusoft.org:dialups.relays.osirusoft.org

right now and it seems to be helping with relatively tolerable amounts
of collateral damage. the spamhaus.relays.osirusoft.org feed is of
sites which are extensively documented as part of Steve Linford's
SpamHaus project, http://www.spamhaus.org/; the dialups feed is for
sites which are (obviously) dialups, and which shouldn't be making
direct connections to my MX hosts.

richard