Re: [Exim] Exim Build under SCO Openserver 5.0.6

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Frank S. Bernhardt
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Exim Build under SCO Openserver 5.0.6
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Frank S. Bernhardt wrote:

> I can't seem to build Exim on my OpenServer 5.0.6 system.

Sorry, I have no experience of such systems.

> It gave 2 warnings saying that there was no library for -lperl or -lgdbm

Have you tried building the simplest possible version of Exim? I.e.
without embedded Perl?

> After a long time (it's running on a P133) I get the messages:
>
> PL_errgv    perl.o
> exim: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to exim

Looks like the problem may indeed be in the Perl stuff.

> I am not a c programmer (COBOL, actually) so I have no idea what's
> wrong. I suspect it has something to do with the -lperl and -lgdbm
> messages on the 'make makefile'. But, it seems to be finding perl ok
> because I watch it using the perl libraries (I think). As for gdbm, in
> your Makefile-SCO_SV you've specified 'DBMLIB=-lndbm' so why it's
> looking for gdbm is beyond me.

I suspect it's Perl that is looking for gdbm.

Try without Perl!

> # EXIM_PERL=perl.o
> EXIM_PERL=perl.o

In other words, comment that line out.