Re: [Exim] trailing dot in localpart ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jonnie
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] trailing dot in localpart ?

> The problem with implementing switches for every little minor thing is
> that you end up maintaining a whole slew of switches that 99% of users
> never know about or set. I don't like this.

I guess.

> In Exim 4 you will be able to put code in your ACL that rejects
> recipients (or senders) with trailing does in the local part, for

I'm looking forward to it.
I now realise (ater more R-ing TFM) that I could get what I need with some
configuration - because exim is SO boss - something like (at the top of directors);

dot_syntax:
driver = smartuser
condition = ${if match{$local_part}{^\\.|\\.\\.|\\.\$}{yes}{no}}
new_address = :fail: local part dot syntax
(verify_only if I only want this for address testing)

and something at the top of routers - maybe;

remote_dot_syntax:
driver = domainlist
condition = ${if match{$local_part}{^\\.|\\.\\.|\\.\$}{yes}{no}}
route_list = * 127.0.0.1 byname
self = local
(verify_only)

But I'm sure there are other, neater ways of doing it.
Thanks again for your time.

--
all the best to you and yours ...

Get your own FREE local e-mail address at http://www.merseymail.com/