Re: [Exim] trailing dot in localpart ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jonnie
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: [Exim] bad local parts [was trailing dot in localpart]
Asunto: Re: [Exim] trailing dot in localpart ?
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Jonnie wrote:

> Yes - documented - but is it right (appropriate default behaviour)?

Well, it got changed a very long time ago because it seems that lots of
other MTAs allow it. At least, that was the word on the street at the
time.

> I wonder, is there demand for an option to require exim to be
> really, really comformant when verifying address syntax ?

The problem with implementing switches for every little minor thing is
that you end up maintaining a whole slew of switches that 99% of users
never know about or set. I don't like this.

In Exim 4 you will be able to put code in your ACL that rejects
recipients (or senders) with trailing does in the local part, for
incoming SMTP messages. The new default configuration uses this
mechanism to reject local parts containing @ % or / by default.

However the ACL applies only to incoming SMTP, not locally submitted
messages.