Re: [Exim] split_spool_directory overhead

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] split_spool_directory overhead

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:14:11 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > 2) Exim queue runners' memory requirements are directly proportional to
> >    the size of the largest spool directory.

> Yes, that's true. I'd forgotten to point that out.

Cool. With under a million messages on the queue, this isn't going to
present me with any problems.

When I reach the point at which it makes sense for me to invest some
time in split_spool_directory_even_more functionality, will it be a lot
of work?

By the way, why is it that one sees better throughput from launching a
large number of queue runners than one does by running 1 queue runner
that is allowed to launch a large number of delivery processes?

Ciao,
Sheldon.