Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic problems

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Sam Michaels
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic problems
On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Sam Michaels wrote:

> Linux mantaray 2.2.17-20001122 #1 Wed Nov 22 13:09:32 EST 2000 armv4l
> unknown
>
> >Which release of Exim?
>
> Exim version 3.22 #1 built 27-Mar-2001 12:16:19
>
> > What are the permissions on your exim binary?
>
> -rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root       525704 Mar 27  2001 exim

> >Oh, and what is the content of the "retry" section of your Exim
> configuration?
>
> *                      *           F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

> The default :)

Oh dear. That all looks good too. How can we get to the bottom of this
one? Have you got any messages on your queue that are suffering
temporary delivery failures? If so, you could try a debugging delivery
run, and see if the debug output contains anything useful.

Actually, come to think of it, Exim should be reading the retry data for
every message, to check for previous retry data. Send me a message with
debugging turned on. What is the result of

exim -d9 ph10@???
Test message
.

? That will show if it can *read* the retry data.