Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic problems

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Sam Michaels
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic problems
On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Sam Michaels wrote:

> Here we go:
> drwxr-xr-x   13 root     root         1024 Mar 27  2001 var
> drwxr-xr-x    6 root     root         1024 Jul 25 20:59 spool
> drwxr-x---    5 exim     exim         1024 May 31 12:29 exim
> drwxr-x---    2 exim     exim         1024 Jun  1 06:28 db
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 exim     exim            0 Jun  1 06:28 retry

> I have the same persmissions on all my machines, except for the 'retry'
> file...I chmod'd it to 777 and never changed it back :)

Those look fine. But clearly Exim hasn't been using the retry file at
all. And there's no retry.lockfile which there should be.

This is all very odd. Which operating system? Which release of Exim?
What are the permissions on your exim binary? Oh, and what is the
content of the "retry" section of your Exim configuration?