Re: [Exim] [OT] Imap/POP Server with postgreSQL Backend

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Kevin Sindhu
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] [OT] Imap/POP Server with postgreSQL Backend
On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Kevin Sindhu wrote:

 > 1) Do imap/pop of-course
 > 2) Small memory footprint(hopefully)
 > 3) Have authentication with a PgSQL database. (*most important*)
 > 4) Work relatively easily with sendmail and exim.
 >    - The reason I ask for sendmail is that I have one machine
 >      which needs to run sendmail.
 > 5) SSL support for imaps/pops
 > 6) IPv6 Support (if possible).

courier so far

> 7) Secure and reliable.

still courier. i don't know much about it securitywise, but it hadn't
failed a couple of us, i'm not saying ever, but those were the times
we and courier "got used to each other".
i didn't have to restart mine since 8 may, and i'm seeing a
friend's running since 28 may, so i am considering courier as
reliable. it has its bugs (what doesn't?), but you learn to work
around them and/or live with them, and its a real workhorse.

it can only handle maildirs and supports maildir++ (in fact i think
it was the first to support it as i think mrsam invented the ++ in
maildir++...), if that is of any concern to you.

--
[-]