[Exim] virtual domain management (ie. pop3 toaster)

Author: Vincent Danen
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] virtual domain management (ie. pop3 toaster)
I'm coming from a qmail background and am evaluating exim to use as a
replacement due to some lacking features in qmail (TLS, LDAP, etc.).
I'm using the vmailmgr system with qmail right now to handle multiple
virtual domains under a single uid. Is there something similar for
exim? Ie. some way I can build a large amount of virtual domains that
have absolutely no relationship with each other and don't require
system accounts to access? Ie. I want a single uid for the entire
system or one uid per domain, but beneath that, each user has a
mailbox and that's it (popping in as user@??? instead of
user).

Anything like that exist for Exim?

Also, what mailinglist managers do you recommend for use with exim?
I'm used to ezmlm-idx and it makes me quite sad that it can't be used
with exim.

Thanks for any thoughts on this. And if there is anyone else who has
made the transition from qmail (for mid-sized multi-domain usage;
preferrably having used qmail for quite a while) and could share their
thoughts on how they find the two compare, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

--
vdanen@???, OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
1024D/FE6F2AFD   88D8 0D23 8D4B 3407 5BD7  66F9 2043 D0E5 FE6F 2AFD

Current Linux kernel 2.4.8-24mdk uptime: 4 days 7 hours 10 minutes.