[Exim] Requirements for exim or alternative to Exim

Author: P Kirk
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Requirements for exim or alternative to Exim
Hi all,

Its worth taking a fresh look at my problem. I built a server and installed
Linux. Its a system compiled from sources. No distro, no package manager,
everything as I want it.

Exim is my preferred MTA. I installed Berkeley DB to enable Exim but
otherwise have no use for it.

Is there any other database I could install that would allow me to simply
install and build Exim?

Alternatively, can Exim stand alone? Section 4.9 of the manual says you
don't need any external files or libraries if you set LOOKUP_CDB=yes. Am I
misreading this?

If I can't build Exim what is a suitable alternative? This will be a small
system serving 4 users. Is there an alternative to Exim that would be a
better bet?

All help appreciated.

--
Patrick Kirk