Re: [Exim] Installation crashes when I try to compile

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kevin Sindhu
A: P Kirk
Cc: Kevin Sindhu, Richard Welty, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Installation crashes when I try to compile
On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 12:08:41AM +0100, P Kirk penned:
> Good advice. I reinstalled Berkeley from source, re-ran updatedb and it
> runs. ln -s .../db.h /usr/include/ and success!

> Except...another related massage pops up. As it involves ld I hope it means
> I have comoiled correctly and am now linking but optimism is always a
> failing of mine.

> Q0114: I'm getting the error "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb1" when I try to
> build Exim.
> A0114: This is probably the same problem as Q0113.

This is because you installed BerkleyDB version 3.x. And ld is linking
to db 1.85 I think.

1) Wanna know another dirty hack(I know I'll get flamed for this;))
if you have libdb.a in /usr/lib , add ln -s /usr/lib/libdb.a
/usr/lib/libdb1.a. Anyway, I never said that.

2) Nicer way. Edit the makefile to fix it to -ldb for instance

3) Compile Berkley Db 1.85

Anyway....I never said anything

-Kevin

--