Re: Fwd: Re: [Exim] Exim Help

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Aly Dharshi, Exim Users
Asunto: Re: Fwd: Re: [Exim] Exim Help
At 22:48 13/08/01 -0600, Aly Dharshi wrote:

>>*** ... can't find 142.66.73.2: Non-existent host/domain
>Yes this is the same response I got from dns.uleth.ca and dns2.uleth.ca

You can add PTR records so that reverse lookup is enabled.

>>So 142.66.73.2 isn't identifiable as being part of *.resnet.uleth.ca (or,
>>it seems, anything else you've allowed to relay) and therefore it can't
>>relay. I suggest you allow the relaying by IP address (subnet if it fits).
>
>Where can I find the relevant information about this in the Exim Docs ?

In host_accept_relay just put your ip block

host_accept_relay= 127.0.0.1/8:10.0.0.0/8

>I think that I will implement this as soon as I get the basics working again.

I guess if you get reverse lookup running exim might just start working for
you.

>Okay this is certainly very good to know. But it seemed to work up
>till yesterday. Hmmm ... maybe the DNS admin has done something.

Ask him. This is the most likely thing that's happened. Or maybe your
workstation's IP has changed for some reason?

    --suresh