Fwd: Re: [Exim] Exim Help

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Aly Dharshi
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Fwd: Re: [Exim] Exim Help
Hello All and John,

>% nslookup 142.66.73.2
>Server: ...
>Address: ...
>
>*** ... can't find 142.66.73.2: Non-existent host/domain

         Yes this is the same response I got from dns.uleth.ca and
dns2.uleth.ca ,

>So 142.66.73.2 isn't identifiable as being part of *.resnet.uleth.ca (or,
>it seems, anything else you've allowed to relay) and therefore it can't
>relay. I suggest you allow the relaying by IP address (subnet if it fits).

         Where can I find the relevant information about this in the Exim
Docs ?

>And setting up or arranging for reverse name lookup would be a good idea.

         I think that I will implement this as soon as I get the basics
working again.

>The "(failed to find host name from IP address)" part looks as if it were
>part of the error report, but it's more like "commentary" by Exim (I'm not
>going to accept this relay, and oh by the way the host has no name). At
>least in most places it appears...it isn't the cause of the rejection.

         Okay this is certainly very good to know.  But it seemed to work
up till  yesterday. Hmmm ... maybe the DNS admin has done something.

>   ====
>Since this started happening suddenly, you ought to ask yourself...
>    1.  did I change my Eudora setup?

         Nope didn't do anything different from yesterday.

>    2.  did I change the Exim configuration?

         Nope same answer as above.

>    3.  did I have reverse name service for 142.66.73.2 and it suddenly went
>away?

         Probably where the problem lies. I wonder why it took so long
before Exim gave me this error message as its been working fine before with
this same naming issue.

         Unfortunately I am not the DNS admin (I wish I were) but it seems
that you all are right, I checked these settings against an internal dns
server and it seems to find the IP address and the associated information
correctly. I have e-mailed the DNS administrator about this stuff,
hopefully he will respond soon. Here is what it should look like, no ? Or
somewhat like it. It was the correct information before they tinkered with
DNS a few weeks ago. I hate it when the rest of us aren't told what is
happening.

Server: ratbert.online.uleth.ca
Address: 142.66.33.100

Name:    rez256.reznet.uleth.ca    <---- exim gets H= (rez256.uleth.ca)
[142.66.73.2]
Address:  142.66.73.2

         So something is wrong DNS wise. Thanks to all those who did
respond to my problem.

         Cheers,

         Aly.

Aly S.P Dharshi