Re: [Exim] Exim Help

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Wayne Pascoe
A: Aly Dharshi
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim Help
"Aly Dharshi" <aly.dharshi@???> writes:

> Hello Exim Gurus,
>
>     I have started noticing such messages in my exim log:

> 2001-08-13 15:33:10 refused relay (host) to <ferhanbhanji@???>
> from <aly.dharshi@???> H=(rez256.uleth.ca) [142.66.73.2] (failed
> to find host name from IP address)
>

>     And a couple more like this. I use Eudora as a mail client and
> yesterday everything was well. Today I try sending mail and these are
> the messages I receive.

>     I have allowed messages from the *.reznet.uleth.ca to be
> accepted by Exim for delivery via smtp. I have noticed that messages
> from remote sites such as from cs.uleth.ca or uleth.ca even webmail on
> another server in the reznet.uleth.ca system are accepted and
> delivered comfortably.

It sounds to me like it is trying to do a reverse lookup on your IP
address. The line that controls this in your exim config is
host_lookup

You could try commenting that line out of your exim config file. The
other thing that you could try is to add a reverse dns entry for your
IP address if you control that in-addr.arpa zone.

HTH

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@???