Re: [Exim] Re: Off topic: IPv6 [was: Very Slow response: e…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tim Chown
Cc: Hayling, David, Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Off topic: IPv6 [was: Very Slow response: exim -bt]
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Tim Chown wrote:

> With many networks
> rolling out initial IPv6 services, a clear message was needed, and that's
> for AAAA.    Whether exim chooses to support A6 is up to the developers.

Quite. What I will do for the next release of Exim (which will be fairly
soon because of the fixes needed to make the v6 stuff work on both *BSD
and Linux) is to cut out the A6 code by means of #ifdefs. That means it
could be re-instated later if it is ever needed.

> I've heard talk of a major reworking of DNS altogether, but that would be
> a 5-10 year process in itself (as the IPv6 introduction has proven to be).

Yes. In particular this was one of the things talked about in connection
with the problems of DNSSEC.