[Exim] Off topic: IPv6 [was: Very Slow response: exim -bt]

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hayling, David
A: Exim Users
Cc: 'tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk'
Asunto: [Exim] Off topic: IPv6 [was: Very Slow response: exim -bt]

[snip]
> [Aside: at the IETF meeting that I'm currently attending, the
> consensus
> at a discussion of AAAA vs A6 records was to use only AAAA
> records, and
> not to proceed with A6. So the next release of Exim will have
> A6 support
> removed.]

Having just seen the latest O'Reilly book "DNS and Bind" 4th ed Apr 2001, I
note on page 302 it says
"Use of the old AAAA record and ip6.int is now deprecated" So who has
changed their mind? Did the IETF originally deprecate AAAA?

The O'Reilly book goes on to say on page 302 "The main reason the AAAA
record and the ip6.int reverse-mapping scheme were replaced was because they
made network renumbering difficult". Does the IETF have a solution to
renumbering when the AAAA scheme is in use?

Ta
David
David Hayling, Network Manager,
CCS - Wye, Kempe Centre,