[Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil Brutsche
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] [BUG?] 3.32: IPv6 changes cause Exim to not start
I think I found an annoying bug in Exim.

In my situation, I have Exim compiled with IPv6 support, but few of my
systems have IPv6 support in the OS. On the systems that don't have IPv6,
Exim 3.32 leaves this message in the paniclog:

IPv6 socket creation failed: Address family not supported by protocol

and Exim simply stops with no further messages written to any of the log
files.

On systems that do have IPv6 support, Exim consumes all CPU time by
writing this to the paniclog:

50 accept() failures: Invalid argument

Granted, I probably should have configured IPv6 in this situation...

Exim 3.31 (and earlier releases) do not have this behavior and work
corretly. A workaround has been to not compile Exim with IPv6 support :)

Phil