Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Andromeda
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains
*[Andromeda on Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 01:17:14PM +0100]:
> This would be sad, but understandable since MAPS has several lawsuits on
> their hands, as well as infrastructure needs. I guess the fact that I
> haven't have any RBL positives in a while is a good thing. I have more
> success with my own hosts, domains and nets lists, but I presume that the
> removal of RBL would not make a big impact here.

Y'see - I personally get lots more rejects using RSS and DUL compared to
using the RBL. However, the fact that so many people use the RBL was
what made spammers and spam supporting ISPs / webhosts wet their pants
every time, and throw out a spammer they'd rather have preferred online
and paying them $$$

> Oh well... Perhaps some of us could start pooling resources...

Should be a good idea

    -suresh

ps: would be good to follow up on news.admin.net-abuse.email as this is
rather OT for exim-users :)