Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim Users
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains (OT)
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains
Greg A. Woods [exim-users] <18/07/01 23:46 -0400>:
> not "have" -- "may"
> There's still no official notice of this on their web page, and no
> official press release from them yet..... I'm not really fully up to

... only articles posted by Margie Arbon on nanae and spam-l - and from the
usual MAPS servers (isrv3.isc.org)

> speed on all these things, but if I didn't know better I'd almost guess
> that the announcement posted to Usenet was a forgery.....

No

> MAPSSM LLC is still official a not-for-profit company, after all, and if
> they really wanted to show some community spirit in the nature of the

They had^W have two problems ...

1. Freeloading ISPs (who made several million queries per day on their
nameservers without paying a red cent or zone transferring - and zone
transfers were "paid")

2. Lack of regular volunteers to take on the actual work (the nomination is
just the tip of the iceberg ... processing them all is another story) and
lack of funds to pay staff for stuff that can't be done using volunteers,
such as actual RBL nomination processing.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org