[Exim] Re: RBL Domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark S. Guz
A: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains
Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> +++ Mark S. Guz [exim-users] <18/07/01 17:28 +0100>:
> > I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I was woken up this
> > morning by my monitoring service telling me that all 5 of my mail relays
> > had gone down. A little investigation led me to see that they were not
> > down but taking a long time to respond. It turns out this is due to a
> > duff server in the rbl domains.
>
> If by "duff" you mean inoperable / inactive, then
>
> 1. Don't use relays.orbs.org - it's dead and at least one of the secondaries
> is so tired of thousands of nameservers pounding on his defunct orbs
> secondary that he'll be returning 127.0.0.1 with long TTLs for each query.

I identified which was the broken server, but surely exim itself should
have reported an error in contacting this server.
It gave me no clue whatsoever it was having difficulty, apart from
taking a minute to respond on port 25.......

> 2. The MAPS lists (RBL, RSS and DUL) have become non-free with effect from
> July 31. You'll have to pay them (or if you are a small / hobby site, then
> they'll give you discounts upto 100% but you still have to register) and ask
> them to add an ACL for your nameserver.

bummer

> > This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You
> > should not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the
> > intended recipient, please notify the sender named above immediately.
>
> If that disclaimer applies, my .sig should apply too ...

that almost made me laugh, almost........

--
Mark S. Guz
Senior System/Network Engineer

Scotland On Line
Technology Park
Gemini Crescent
Dundee DD2 1SW

Tel + 44 (0) 1382 429000
Fax + 44 (0) 1382 429001
http://www.scotlandonline.co.uk

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You
should not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender named above immediately.

It is expressly declared that this e-mail does not constitute nor form
part of a contract or unilateral obligation.

relate to the official business of Scotland On Line Limited shall be